Each year Together for Adoption offers several 1-day conferences in various regions of the county. The hope is that attendees will leave these regional events with a deeper sense of God’s adopting love and a better understanding of how to love and care for orphaned and vulnerable children in tangible ways. This conference is not just for those who are considering adoption/fostering, in the process of adoption/fostering, or have already adopted/fostered. The approach is to consider what our adoption in Christ is and to explore its implications for Christian living, orphan and foster care, and adoption.
Registration for the Together for Adoption Regional Conference near Winston-Salem NC, April 28th, is now open. The conference will be hosted at Calvary Baptist Church (West Campus), see link for directions. Registration is only $29 per person, and it will be well worth it. As for lodging, T4A has negotiated special agreements with these two area hotels. Here is what you can look forward to at the conference.
8:00am – Doors Open (Check-in & Registration)
9:00am – Main Session 1 – The God Who is a Father to the Fatherless | Dan Cruver
10:30 am – Breakout Session 1
- Orphan Care 101 – John Raymer
- Foster Care 101 – Tamarian McIntyre
- Adoption 101 – Jim Woodward
- Orphan Care & Grassroots Movements – Chris Marlow
- Transracial Adoption – Jena Penner
- Adopting Older Children – Jodi Jackson Tucker
- Worship and Social Justice – Jake France
- How to Choose an Adoption Agency – Lifeline
11:30 am – Lunch & Networking
1:00 pm – Main Session 2 – Eating at the King’s Table | Burk Parsons
2:00 pm – Breakout Session 2
- Being a Church That Cares for the Orphan – Matt Capps
- After Adoption: Unique Challenges & Joys – Shelly Roberts (ABBA Fund)
- Funding Your Adoption – Dwain Gullion (ABBA Fund)
- Trafficking and the Orphan – Michael Vinson (HopeChest)
- Special Needs Adoption – Nikki Esquivel
- HIV / AIDS Orphan Care and Adoptions – Deanna Jones (Project Hopeful)
- Foster Care as a Demonstration of the Gospel: Reconciliation and Adoption – Jon Bolin
- Singles and Adoption – Jason Cornwell
3:15 pm – Main Session 3 – What Makes God Excited (Ephesians 1:1-10) | Jason Cornwell
4:15pm – Close & Networking
– Here is more information about the Main Session Speakers –
Before founding and directing Together for Adoption, Dan was a college professor of Bible and Theology. He has also served as a pastor of family ministries. As one who has been adopted by God and has adopted two children, Dan founded Together for Adoption to equip churches and educate Christians theologically about orphan care and horizontal adoption. Dan regularly writes and speaks about the Gospel and its implications for earthly adoption and the care of orphans. Dan is the editor and primary author of Reclaiming Adoption: Missional Living Through the Rediscovery of Abba Father, wrote the foreword to Heirs with Christ: The Puritans on Adoption by Dr. Joel Beeke and is a regular contributor to The Gospel Coalition Blog.
Burk Parsons serves as associate pastor at Saint Andrew’s, and he is editor of Tabletalk magazine. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in biblical studies from Trinity College and the Master of Divinity degree from Reformed Theological Seminary, where he is also completing his Doctor of Ministry degree. He speaks regularly at various conferences and schools in the United States and abroad and has contributed to various books and journals. He is author of the forthcoming booklet Why Do We Have Creeds? . He is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology .
Jason is a resident of Greenville, SC, where he assists Pastor Brian Habig and the other elders at Downtown Presbyterian Church (PCA). Originally from Western PA, Jason holds a Bachelor of Science in Music Education and a Master of Arts in Biblical Studies. He earned his Master of Divinity degree from Reformed Theological Seminary-Charlotte in 2006 and is the author of Gospel Quality. Jason has been heavily involved with all four of the Together For Adoption Conferences.