The Ministry of Together for Adoption
Laura and I are so grateful for the ministry of Together for Adoption. Several years ago we attended the national conference in Franklin, TN, while waiting to adopt our son Solomon. If you have adopted, are in the process of adopting, or praying about adopting I would encourage you to attend the Together for Adoption National Conference on October 4-5 at Southern Seminary. If you do attend, prepare to be inspired and equipped for adoption, foster care and global orphan ministry. Here are the details.
Six rich general sessions. Sixty tool-gathering workshops. One breathtaking Story.
In the Bible, Adoption is a story-word. God’s work of adoption within the world is a story that encompasses all of human history, from its pre-temporal beginnings when God predestined us to “adoption as sons through Jesus Christ” (Ephesians 1:3-6) to the eventual renewal of all creation (Romans 8:23)—the Day when everything sad comes untrue. From the Apostle Paul’s perspective, Adoption is the redemptive Story that changes everything for us and the fatherless.
Alongside the six rich plenary sessions, our national conference will provide more than sixty tool-gathering workshops led by Dr. Timothy Paul Jones, Dr. Randy Stinson, Johnny Carr, Dr. Jon Bergeron, Gerrit Dawson, Susan Hillis, Elizabeth Styffe, and many other global leaders.
Together for Adoption National Conference Details
General Session Topics
- The Story Gone Wrong (Mike Reeves, author of Delighting in the Trinity)
- Stories of the Fatherless (Dr. Sharen Ford, Manager of Colorado State’s Permanency Services Unit)
- The Story Re-Written (Dan Cruver)
- Our Lives Re-Written (Mike Reeves)
- Stories of the Fatherless Re-Written (Vermon Pierre)
- When Everything Sad Comes Untrue (Scotty Smith)
8 Breakout Session Tracks
- Stories about Beginning the Adoption Journey (Pre-Adoption)
- Stories from Experienced Adoptive Families (Post-Adoption)
- Stories from Experienced Adoptive Families with Special Needs
- Stories about Foster Care within Families
- Stories about the Orphan Crisis from Experienced Organizations
- Stories about Financing your Adoption Journey
- Stories about Developing Ministries for Adoption/Orphan Care Movement
- Stories about God’s Work through the Theology of Adoption
Download the PDF version of the Breakout Sessions listed according to their Story-Tracks.